Head of Data Science
An Amsterdam gaming and advertising scaleup are looking for a Head of Data Science. Creativity and leadership is valued when working with interactive, playable games and you are heavily user-focussed.
They are currently building a Real-Time Bidding (RTB) engine, operating on top of an AWS infrastructure ingesting 10,000 events a second. BIG DATA.
The business is growing rapidly in 2019 – tied to existing clients like Angry Birds and Big Fish Casino – according to the team’s excellent network and domain knowledge.
They’re at the forefront of industry innovations, and taking it to the next level.
Head of Data Science Duties:
- Work in close collaboration with Data Scientists and Data Engineers in the end-to-end life cycle of real time data-intensive systems.
- Architect and lead the data strategy of building an RTB to for decision making in under 10 milliseconds.
- Build the Data Science and Engineering department, mentoring junior colleagues and implementing Data Science best practices.
Head of Data Science Juicy Bits:
- Freedom to creatively develop, test, and productionise models based on terabytes of data.
- Be part of a young and growing company where data is at the core of the company, and will be intimately tied to future business decisions.
- An international team with flat hierarchy where you have deep impact in driving growth through data strategy.
- Work with some of the top gaming and advertising companies globally.
Head of Data Science Ideals:
- Programming experience with the likes of Python, R and SQL.
- Experience with real Big Data, and related tools like Spark and Cassandra, on top of AWS (eg S3, Kinesis).
- Experience building large scale real-time systems and streams.
- Background in advertising, gaming or performance based marketing is a plus.
Head of Data Science Soft Skills:
- Strong communicative ability in leading a data team and vision to delivering projects.
- A desire to be part of a dynamic innovator on the rise.
Contact over at email@example.com for more of the juicy bits. Bits.