One of Europe’s biggest financial institutions is looking for Lead Data Engineers within their specific Innovation Labs, building Machine Learning products for major fintech projects, as well as launching two highly successful scale-ups in Amsterdam.
The products that the Innovation Labs develop HAVE to involve ML, if it doesn’t then they’re not interested.
This is an opportunity to build real-time streaming engines, highly complex distributed systems and advanced ML infrastructure; in elite teams of senior engineers and scientists.
Lead Data Engineer Duties:
- Working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams with the Spotify model to develop ML products, not only related exclusively within fintech.
- Develop, architect and maintain highly scalable and fault-tolerant data platforms.
- Bring products from conception to production with control over the end-to-end data life cycle and infrastructure.
Lead Data Engineer Guarantees:
- A commitment to excellence and innovation, the standard of engineers is particularly high.
- Experiment and innovate with new technologies to investigate new ways of advancing Data Engineering.
- Great training and education opportunities internally and externally; the Labs are known as one of The Netherlands’ most advanced teams.
Lead Data Engineer Ideals:
- The teams are solutions-focussed and tech agnostic, but their current stack consists of Scala, Python, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, Cassandra, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Akka, CI/CD, SQL.
- Strong experience building real-time and batch streaming systems using the likes of Flink, Kafka and Spark, the majority of programming is in Scala.
- An affinity with cyber security and authorisation using LDAP & Kerberos is a plus but not essential.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, UX Designers and Product Owners to deliver high-quality products.
Lead Data Engineer Soft Skills:
- Excellent communication skills. Everyone you work with in the team is senior so it’s important you can overcome obstacles without ego, they have a stipulated No Diva attitude.
- Autonomous: senior stakeholders in the company will expect you to lead on the data strategy that drives the business forward.
- A desire to be part of a dynamic and flat innovator on the rise.