Lead Data Engineer | Amsterdam | Fintech Scaleup
Join a global online payments innovator as Lead Data Engineer in their Amsterdam HQ. You will work closely with the Data Science and Platform teams in building out a scalable data infrastructure; to leverage advanced analytics within transactional data, anomaly detection, risk assessment and high-end reporting interfaces.
The company is comparatively advanced on its data journey: ingesting multiple large data sources through complex data (ETL) pipelines; putting Machine Learning models into production, with a hybrid infrastructure based on Hadoop & Spark on Databricks.
Lead Data Engineer Responsibilities
- Lead and build a team of Data Engineers, contributing to their coaching and technical development.
- Take charge of large scale data pipelines, with a high focus on data quality and security in the E-commerce payments sector.
- Build innovative solutions and new features into the Big Data Platform in conjunction with the Product Owner, Lead Platform Engineer and Lead Data Scientist.
- Evangelise the latest and greatest Data Engineering technologies; Databricks and Airflow have been introduced in the last year in this way.
Lead Data Engineer Experience
- Notable experience in a similar leading position – particularly within mentoring, architecture and stakeholder management.
- Educational background in Computer Science or Engineering is a hard requirement.
- Hands-on experience with the Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Yarn, Sqoop, Oozie etc). Spark and Databricks is an additional plus.
- Strong understanding of advanced data structures and algorithmic design.
- Good programming skills in Scala. Software Development background is preferred, with extensive knowledge of Java, Python or C# and a desire to dive into Scala also considered.
- Strong understanding of Linux OS.
Lead Data Engineer Sweeteners
- Opportunity to lead and build an influential technical team in an informal, dynamic and ambitious environment.
- Competitive salary package and secondary benefits.
- Centrally located plush Headquarters in Amsterdam.
Lead Data Engineer Process
- 3x 45 minute stages – can be combined into one or two sittings.
- 1 technical challenge around 2 hours long.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further juicy details.