Senior Data Engineer & Architect | Real-time Streaming & Artificial Intelligence | Amsterdam
A rare opportunity to work in one of the Netherlands’ benchmark data institutions as a Senior Data Engineer and Architect. Sitting within a high-end innovation centre, you will be in the cross functional team (Data Science, Software Engineering, DevOps) focussed purely on building new products within Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
A creative and ego-free atmosphere is essential to experiment with the latest and greatest technologies here. As a Senior Data Engineer you will be combining strong coding skills and a passion for open source with a deep understanding of data structures, pipelines and automation.
The innovation labs in this FinTech leader are rapidly expanding, offering huge potential for growth, personal development, and access to the best tooling in a modern tech stack.
Senior Data Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop, architect and maintain a high scale and fault tolerant Data platform for brand new Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence products.
- Combine significant and complex data sources into real-time Distributed Systems.
- Bring products from conception to production with control over the end-to-end data life cycle and infrastructure.
- Experiment and innovate with new technologies to investigate new ways of advancing Data Engineering.
- Work in a team of highly skilled Engineers and Scientists focussed on knowledge sharing.
Senior Data Engineer Technology Focus
- Managing, engineering and architecting Distributed Systems within Spark, Hadoop.
- Building real-time and batch streaming pipelines using Kafka, Flink.
- Setting up relational and non-relational databases: Cassandra, NoSQL, SQL.
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools including containerisation: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD.
- Programming with statically typed languages: principally in Scala, Java. Go, C++ a plus.
- Programming with scripting languages: principally Python. Ruby, Groovy a plus.
- An affinity with cyber security and authorisation using LDAP & Kerberos.
Senior Data Engineer Benefits
- International, highly skilled and senior team with good growth opportunities.
- Great training and education opportunities internally and externally.
- Opportunity to work on your own innovative product ideas in a welcoming and dynamic atmosphere.
- Very competitive salary and benefits.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full detailed breakdown of the position.