Senior Data Scientist | Amsterdam | Sharing Economy
An Amsterdam-based online marketplace innovator are looking for a creative Senior Data Scientist. They’re the market leader in the Netherlands and have recently acquired two businesses in France and Italy to expand the platform.
The data team is growing fast (6 FTE) and is now tackling projects across supply and demand, customer intention, recommender systems and intelligent pricing.
Senior Data Scientist Duties:
- Lead the building of data products: particularly putting Machine Learning models into production in a cloud environment.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to defining new projects as the platform scales.
- Help the company be more data-driven. Data team members already operate cross-functionally and visualisation tools are used by non-technical employees.
- Mentoring junior colleagues and implementing Data Science best practices.
Senior Data Scientist Juicy Bits:
- Freedom and autonomy to creatively develop, test, and deploy models.
- Be part of a young and growing company where data is at the core of the company, and will be intimately tied to future business decisions.
- An international team right in the heart of Amsterdam, with flat hierarchy and impact in driving data strategy.
Senior Data Scientist Ideals:
- Programming experience with the likes of Python, R and SQL.
- Experience with Spark and distributed computing.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (currently they use AWS: S3, Redshift, Sagemaker)
- Experience building recommender systems and classifiers.
- Knowledge of DevOps and Data Engineering is a plus.
- Background in leading a (small) team is a plus.
Senior Data Scientist Soft Skills:
- Strong communicative ability in leading a data team and vision to delivering projects.
- A desire to be part of a dynamic innovator on the rise.
Contact over at firstname.lastname@example.org for more of the juicy bits. Bits.